(light music) - [Man 1] Southern Columbia, the state's longest losing streak.
- [Man 2] They had lost 26 games in a row at one point.
- [Man 1] If you looked in the crystal ball then, and see where Jimmy Roth has that program now... - [Commentator] 12 state championships.
- Wow, what a story that is.
- We're not talking about anybody matching what Southern Columbia does.
Not in Pennsylvania, but not even in the country.
- [Reporter] Jim Roth, he is the winningest coach in Pennsylvania High School football.
- If Jim Roth coached 40 more years, and lost every single game, went 0 and 10 for 40 years, he would still have a winning record.
(dramatic music) - [Announcer] The Tigers of Southern Columbia.
- We're alive to witness something that's probably never gonna happen again in high school sports, in Pennsylvania.
- Not only are they winning, but they're mercy ruling.
- We went out believing that we could not be beat.
And that we were gonna mercy rule every team.
- I saw kids from area schools that would come to watch them play, and line up to get autographs.
- They've won five in a row, twice now, and you don't wanna be the team to lose that.
- [Commentator] Southern Columbia, three losses in the regular season, something very rare.
- You know the last time a team in this program lost even two games?!
(banging locker) - (crying) I'm sorry, I'm sorry, man.
- But how are they gonna respond to this adversity?
- This is the biggest game you ever play!
(team shouting) - Win or lose, you're gonna remember this game for a long time.
- [Commentator] This is getting ridiculous folks.
- [Team Player 1] Everyone thinks that we're the underdog.
- [Team Player 2] They didn't see me on the field that game.
- [Commentator] This is the Southern Columbia team that looked dead with three losses.
- They've built a very good program in such a powerful football state.
- [Commentator] And the PN AA wants them in AAAA.
Their argument is, "We don't want to see this".
- The people hated Berwick cause we always won.
You know, they always hate someone that always wins.
- Other programs get better.
- Take it out on these guys right now!
- [Commentator] Southern Columbia shooting for a record sixth consecutive state championship.
- [Commentator] Well how's it gonna play out?
What's the ending?
(intense music) - [Team Player 3] State champs on three!
- [Football Team] One, two, three state champs!